Tuesday, September 4, 2012


Hebrews 4:16 “Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

Yesterday was the first time I can recall where I truly approached the throne of grace with boldness.  I knew, in my heart and soul, that because I have been redeemed through Jesus, I could come to God being clean and righteous in His sight.  With this claim strong in my heart and trusting in the word of God, I came to Him in boldness.  My misgivings have kept me at a distance in the past.  It is easy for me to see boldness as arrogance but they are not the same.  We are told many times in scripture that we can come to Him in confidence, in boldness.  We are also reminded many times in scripture that we need to walk with a humble heart.  There is a fine balance there but as in all things, when we stumble, our Savior is there to help us, forgive us and renew us to start again.  As I study the word of God and strive to know more of Him, I am finding that the message is no different than what I have heard so many times from childhood on up.  What is different is the depth of the message in my heart.  As I grow closer to God, His call to me becomes clearer.  As I strive to live as He calls me to, His grace become more real to me.  I am left in awe of His mercy and grace many times and today is no different.  It is truly amazing!

Lord,
Your grace allows us to come to you in confidence and boldness to ask for what we need.  Often times I do not listen before asking and so many times when I finally listen, I find you have already answered me.  Thank you for unending grace and mercy.  Thank you for allowing us to ask and trust that you will provide for our needs - always.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment