Friday, September 21, 2012


2 Thessalonians 3:5 “May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.”

Do you ever wake up in a grumpy mood?  There doesn’t have to be a reason, the day just starts that way from the moment you open your eyes.  When I got out of bed and grabbed my bible for quiet time I was grumbling in my head about things, first thing!  As I prayed for those petty bothers to be lifted away so I could spend time in meditation and prayer I was led to this passage in Thessalonians.  Verse 3 says “But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.”  These two verses were my meditation this morning and I am feeling so blessed to have the Word to lift my clouds of grumpiness and direct me back to the love of God.  Where would I be without the guidance of the Word and Spirit of God?  I would be living in darkness and despair; we all would.   It is because of Christ and his steadfast love that we live in love and grace.  When we come to him in humility and honesty, He will give us what we need.  When we ask according to his will, we receive.  Our Savior is our shepherd and our friend.  He is faithful; He will guide us and protect us.  He will direct our hearts to Love and the steadfastness of Christ. 

Lord,
Your Word lifts my spirits every time.  I cannot express my thanks and joy in reading it and spending time with you through it.  You are gracious and I humbly accept the grace you so freely give.  Direct our hearts to your Love today.  Give us the ability and desire to share your love with others so that all may come to know you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment