Friday, September 7, 2012


John 14:26 “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you.”

Anyone who knows me very well knows that my memory is less than stellar.  If I don’t write things down, they will likely be forgotten or confused in my mind.  I know I am not alone in this “phenomenon”.  We are so busy, running non-stop most days; there is not time to sit and mentally store all of the information we receive.  People have all kinds of tools to help them remember things that are important.  There are calendars, day timers, electronic alarms and the list goes on.  All these things can help us keep our schedules straight so we remember things that are important to us.  When we don’t see it, we tend to forget.  Jesus knew the human heart.  He knew once he left this earth that we would need reminders and guidance to stay focused on what was important.  The Holy Spirit is always with us.  He is there bringing scripture to our hearts and minds so that we remember.  He brings lessons to us through people and scripture continuing to teach us in the ways of the Lord.  I may not remember the reference numbers when I recall scripture but it gives me peace and comfort to know there is One who brings the message clearly to me when I need it.  Oh, and I never need to recharge this reminder.  There is an endless source of energy!

Lord,
Thank you for sending your Spirit.  We would surely be lost souls without It.  Thank you for teaching us through your words and your Spirit.  Thank you for sending reminders.   Your word is written on our hearts and you bring it to mind when we need it.  Open our ears so we may hear.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment