Monday, September 3, 2012


Genesis 2:7 “then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed in to his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being.”

This morning, when I woke, I had a song about God making beautiful things out of dust going in my mind.  I spent some of my quiet time searching the scripture for different verses and passages where it talks about dust, ashes and clay and this is the one that I heard best this morning.  When I visualize this scene, God is kneeling on the ground.  He gathers dirt and water together, and like clay, carefully molds the first person into shape.  His final step in this creation is to lift the lifeless body into his arms and breathe his life into the airways and blood, the cells and organs of man.  Life is brought forth.  We have eternal souls living in perishable bodies.  God created each of us to be unique and he loves each one of us, every creation he makes.  We are placed on this earth and given a purpose.  Whatever that purpose is, whatever our work is on earth, I believe we are called to do it in response to the love we receive from God.  As I live this day, as I take breaths to fill my lungs and bring oxygen to my body, I hope I can live and breathe in thanksgiving to my Creator.  Take in the breath of life.  Feel His presence fill you up and live in the calling he created you for.  You are his unique creation!

Lord,
You created me just as I am.  Let my breath and movements today remind me of that.  I am created by you and for you.  I pray that my actions and thoughts will glorify you and bring your love to all those who are around me.  You make beautiful things out of dust!  Thank you Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment