Wednesday, September 19, 2012


1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.”

My little boy has been up sick this morning for the last couple of hours. I hope he is better in the next few hours so he can go to preschool tomorrow since he is special helper for the day. I need to call the home school co-op teachers to let them know we will not be there. I need to memorize music for my hand bell ensemble.  My sister and her husband are separated.  I need to write a bio and contact my fellow prayer warrior.  My oldest daughter needs health care insurance... the list goes on and on.  If there is anything I am good at it is carrying anxiety.  The Lord does not want us to live in fear and anxiety.  Those worries lead to bigger worries and things easily grow out of hand.  When we cast our anxiety on him we put our trust in Him.  We allow the grace he freely offers to flow deep within and relieve the worries and anxiety we have over big and little things.  Just as I try to soothe the fears of my little boy with his upset tummy, God wants to soothe us and help us feel better too.  He cares about every part of our day and night.  He cares for us in every way.  He will bend to touch us whenever we call on him.  His word brings guidance, healing, love and grace.  With all that, what do I have to be anxious about?  Go in peace.

Lord,
Thank you so much for relief.  Thank you for allowing us to come to you filled with anxiety and worry and for allowing us to drop all those things on you.  When we cast our anxiety on you, help us leave it at your feet; fill us with your grace and love instead.  Then we can turn and walk with you in humble thanksgiving.  All praise and honor are yours forever and ever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment