Sunday, September 23, 2012


Isaiah 51:1 “Listen to me, you that pursue righteousness, you that seek the Lord.  Look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug.”

As my family and I prepare for a vacation in the mountains of Colorado I will hold this verse in my heart.  There is nothing I have seen that looks like the Rocky Mountains.  They are rugged and beautiful and seem unmovable in their strength.  God is the rock we from which we have been hewn.  He is rugged and beautiful and He is unmovable in His strength.  We have been created by this Rock, and we are a part of him; we came from His quarry.  On days that I feel weary and worn, this verse will give me strength in the Lord.  Verse 7 in chapter fifty of Isaiah says “I have set my face like flint”.  When I read this passage these verses stood apart to me.  I am cut from the Rock and I set my face like flint.  We need to be strong and unmovable, rugged and beautiful, just as our Creator is.  He has the ability to remove the flaws and bind the fissures so that we can be strong in Him.  Take heart and hope in the Lord this day.  Pursue righteousness and seek the Lord, He will give you the strength you need.

Lord,
You amaze me every single day.  You come to me wherever I am and bring me words of encouragement, guidance or correction to lead me in your path.  As I spend time in your mountain grandeur, I will lift my heart and praise to you Lord.  You are creator of the rugged mountains.  Give me the strength to be a rock made in your image; strong and unmovable through you.  Amen.


*** I will be away from any technology that allows me access to the internet.  Look for Word for Today to resume next Sunday the 30th and until then,
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment