Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hebrews 31:1-2 “Let mutual love continue.  Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.”

Some things are timeless.  As we put away 2013 and bring in 2014 we start a new year.  Last night my daughter, 8 years old, asked me what the big deal is for New Year’s Eve and day.  Her thought was that nothing really changes; it is just a new day like any other day.  On many levels she is right.  December ends but that is only our measurement of time.  January begins again just as it has cycled through so many times before this.  Whether you revel in the New Year or not we are reminded in Hebrews to let mutual love continue.  God loves us timelessly; there is no end to His love.  We continue to love Him back as we are taught to.  We continue to love our neighbor as ourselves.  We continue to love and are loved by our family and friends.  This is what I see as mutual love.  As we move into the New Year I encourage all of us to consider the words calling us to serve others.  Show hospitality to strangers.  This is a big stretch for me but I know I need to stretch so I look for opportunities and hope to be blessed by the experiences that happen.  Happy New Year!  Remember you are loved by God and by me, share the love!

Lord,
Only you know what lies ahead.  Take our hand and guide us forward into the new day.  Give us the courage and love to move in your Spirit, serving You by serving others.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment