Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Revelation 21:5-6 “And the one who was seated on the throne said, ‘See I am making all things new.’  Also he said, ‘Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true.’  Then he said to me, ‘It is done!  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.  To the thirsty I will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life.’”

I hear myself saying “where does the time go” more and more often.  Christmas day was here and gone before I could even blink an eye and now we are at the end of another year.  I have not heard anyone lamenting that this year is over but there are likely some people who do.  It can be hard to move forward when we are not feeling ready.  The calendar waits for no one.  Tomorrow is a new year and we all get to face the challenge of remembering to write 2014 on our correspondences.  God’s calendar is not the same as our Gregorian calendar.  God has his time and I say the only true time.  As I look back over the year of 2013 I see the work of God in our lives; in my life.  It is easier to see His hand in things when I am not huddled in the trenches of those battles anymore.  I know He is still making all things new, He has not completed His work in me yet.  As I prepare to put the new calendar on the wall, I try to remember He is making me new and just as we have an end of the year and a beginning, He is the true beginning and the true end of all things.  In this I am able to say to you all, Happy New Year!

Lord,
Thank you for a new lease on life.  Thank you for allowing us to grow and change and to turn the page on the old and embrace the new through your grace.  Bless this coming year for each of us; help us also be a blessing to you.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment