Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hosea 6:3 “Let us know, let us press on to know the Lord; his appearing is as sure as the dawn; he will come to us like the showers, like the spring rains that water the earth.”

I love to watch the sun rise.
The colors of pink, orange and yellow in the morning sky are a soothing way to start the day.  If there is nothing else I can count on for the day, I can count on the sun rising over the horizon and a new day starting. His appearing is as sure as the dawn.
When I come to my quiet time, the petitions and prayers are running through my mind, the tasks of the day are vying for my attention as well but I come seeking the Lord.  I come in an attempt of quietness in the presence of the Lord.  In the moments I am able to sit in stillness He comes; he comes as sure as the dawn.
In this cold wintertime it is a far reach to remember what a spring rain is like.  We are bundled up with coats and boots, hats and gloves to keep the cold away.  I can picture warm sunshine and green trees along with budding flowers and birds singing.  I can picture springtime in all its fullness and the afternoon rains that come to give moisture and nourishment to the earth.  Rain sprinkles down onto grass and flower, seeping into ground for thirsty roots.  God rains down his love just like this.  His presence seeps down into our souls, giving us a much needed drink and nourishment in him.
I come seeking to know the Lord.  He is like the dawn; He is a refreshing and renewing rain to my soul.  I want to know him more.

Lord,
We are so very blessed to have your presence with us whenever we seek it.  We are blessed to know beyond doubt that just like the sun, you are there every day without fail.  Calm our chaos and remove the barriers we put up that block your presence from us.  Help us fling open wide the doors of our hearts so we may know you more and receive you like the earth receives spring rains.  I pray this in thanksgiving and love for you forever and ever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment