Sunday, January 19, 2014

Psalm 51:1-2 “Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; blot out my transgressions.  Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.”

My kids don’t usually look dirty at a glance but I know they have been outside playing and whether or not I can see the dirt and dust it is there.
When I buy produce from the store, it looks clean and shiny, I cannot see any dirt or germs but I know I need to wash my fruit and vegetables when I come home to get them clean.
Sin is like this.  We may look clean and shiny on the outside, we probably even smell pretty good but we cannot see sin from the outside most of the time.
I clean my vegetables with vinegar or a mild soap and water to get them clean and ready to eat.  I clean my kids with soap and water to get them clean and fresh smelling and keep them healthy.
God cleanses the sin from us when we come to Him so that we can shine like the sun and be healthy in our souls.
I cannot see a ring around the sink when I am done washing my produce but I almost always see a ring around the tub after the kids are done getting clean.
I cannot imagine the ring I would leave when God has finished cleansing me from my sin and washing me thoroughly from my iniquity.  When God does the cleansing there is no trace of sin left when He is done.
We are washed white as snow.  We shine like the sun and we can dance in His mercy and steadfast love.  Hallelujah and Amen!

Lord,
You know our hearts more deeply than we know them.  Your divine eyes see things we are unwilling or incapable of seeing.  I come to you this morning asking for your divine cleansing.  You are merciful and steadfast in your love so according to your word, cleanse and purify us.  Make us to shine in your glory.  All glory and honor are yours forever and ever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment