Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Psalm 33:2-3 “Praise the Lord with lyre; make melody to him with the harp of ten strings.  Sing to him a new song; pay skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts.”

My daughter has just started violin lessons.
She has learned how to hold the bow properly and how to hold the violin.  She knows how to take care of the instrument and is beginning to learn how to make it “sing.”
She comments regularly how loud the notes are when she uses the full portion of the bow on the string and I have to encourage her to make it loud; to make a joyful noise, not a mousy noise.
As I read these verses I realized how little I make loud shouts of praise to God.  I sit quietly praying in the morning.  I sing the hymns in church trying to blend in with the crowd. 
I am an introvert but the Spirit still resides in me and occasionally urges me to praise the Lord with melody of a new song and with loud shouts.
It might be time to march around the house on this cold and snowy day.  It might be time to make instruments that drum and get out the toy guitar to sing a new song to the Lord.  Join our raucous praise to God this day.  Crank up the radio or shout your own song but let’s sing praises to the God of God, the Lord of Lords, and the King of Kings this day and all days!

Lord,
Help us stamp out the cold of winter that has settled in our bones and warm up our instruments and voices to praise you this holy day.  Each day we rise is another day you have made and another opportunity for us to serve and praise your Almighty and gracious name.  I pray that whatever we do and whatever we say will be in praise to you today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment