Thursday, January 23, 2014

Revelation 5:13 “Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea and all that is in them, singing, ‘To the one seated on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!’”

Can you imagine the harmonies in this symphony?
This verse in John’s vision makes my heart sing for joy.  All of creation from beginning to end and top to bottom singing in one voice of praise to the Almighty; what a glorious moment!
Today there will be daily tasks to complete, food to prepare, errands to run, work to do.  The busy moments distract us from the song.  They block out the sounds of the symphony.
Even though not all of earth joins in the chorus I know every creature in heaven is already singing praises like this to the one on the throne and to the Lamb.  In the fullness of time, all other creation will join in.  When all has been fulfilled and there is nothing but glory and light all around, we will all be able to sing.
This morning as I get ready for a new day I hope my heart stays light as it is in this moment.  I pray my soul will continue to sing with creation praises to my God and King.

Lord,
Thank you for this vision that we hold in our hands and hearts.  There is much I do not understand in this world but this verse reminds me that all will come to be as you intend it to and so I let go of this struggle and embrace the song of creation.  Open my ears to hear the song and lift my voice to join in the chorus of praise to you this day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment