Thursday, January 16, 2014

Psalm 27:13-14 “I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!”

I had not watched the news for the last few days and from what I saw and heard about yesterday I think I was better for it.
There have been more school shootings and violence in the last few days than I can begin to comprehend.  I wonder what else is going on in this world that I have missed seeing.
There is no doubt that when we watch or read the news, we hear many stories of bad things happening in our world.  There are natural disasters as well as human mad disasters.  There is violence and hate, there is sickness and disease; all this and more runs rampant.
What else do I see?
I see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  People reaching out to serve and help other people.  Healing and love are pouring out onto the sickness and diseased.  Freedom and restoration are being brought to those who experience violence and hate.  Soup kitchens feed the hungry, blankets, coats and shelters provide shelter and warmth for the homeless. 
We, God’s children, are charged with bringing the goodness of the Lord to the land of the living.  Reach out in love and light.  Serve in gratitude and peace.
Be strong in the Lord.  Let our hearts take courage in the Lord for we do see his goodness today and tomorrow.  Let us serve in this way as we wait for the Lord to move even more.

Lord,
I lift up all those who are touched and affected by violence, hate, sickness and disease.  I ask your hand to move in goodness and love to dissipate these things of darkness.  Use us as you will to be your agents of light and love; agents of your kingdom so that goodness overtakes evil each day until you come again.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment