Monday, January 27, 2014

Jeremiah 3:22 “Return, O faithless children, I will heal your faithlessness.  ‘Here we come to you; for you are the Lord our God.’”

These are the words God longs to hear from his children; all of his children.
I like to think I am faithful but it is always good to search my heart with the Lord for areas that are lacking.  Just last week I sat in the doctor’s office with my daughter and realized there needs to be more testing done to make sure she is healthy and all systems are working as they should.  After we walked out of that consultation and I answered all of her questions I could feel the anxiety growing in my body.  As the day wore on the heaviness grew.  The kids and I went for a walk, that didn't work.  I baked cookies, that didn't work.  By the end of the day I knew I was not trusting in the Lord over this matter, I felt faithlessness creeping in.
When push comes to shove I trust in the Lord and my faith in Him holds but why do I have to get to that point before I step up?
This morning I am grateful for the grace we receive from the Lord our God through Jesus and I take heart in the promise of healing in this verse.  I thank God for the faith He has instilled in me and I pray for the lack of faith in my soul to disintegrate so that one day I will never falter with my faith in God.

Lord,
Thank you for the faith you place in our hearts through your Spirit.  As we face this day, strengthen our faith as we need it and let our strength glorify your name.  Heal our faithlessness as you promise in your word in Jeremiah so that we go forward more deeply and fully in your Spirit.  I pray these things through my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment