Monday, January 13, 2014

Isaiah 40:14 “Whom did he consult for his enlightenment, and who taught him the path of justice?  Who taught him knowledge, and showed him the way of understanding?

These words in Isaiah bring me to my knees.
So many times I come to the Lord in my quiet time so at ease and comfortable, almost lazy it seems.  This morning even before I was in the scripture I was aware of my lack of reverence to God.
Today I acknowledge the Almighty God, the God of the universe, the God of creation, the Alpha and Omega.
When I come to the foot of His throne I come to the One.  I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that He was here before there was anything.  He created light and enlightenment.  He wrote the laws of justice for all.  He is knowledge and understanding.  As I seek these things I seek Him.
I uncross my feet and sit up a little bit straighter.  I stop sipping my coffee and take in the presence of the Lord instead.  Even though He is All in all, He is my all in all.  I bow to Him in reverence and know that if I need to I can jump into His loving arms and be held and receive love and comfort, whatever I need, He provides.
My God is an awesome God, My God is a loving parent, My God is the Creator and Healer of all, My God is an awesome God, indeed!

Lord,
As I seek knowledge, enlightenment, understanding and justice I seek You.  Keep my heart on the path of these things so that I am drawn closer and closer to You and your truth as I journey.  Thank you for the understanding of you as Almighty and Abba, one in the same.  Thank you for allowing me, your child, to come to you however I am and thank you for the reminder that I receive all things from you, Lord of lords and King of kings, my All in all.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment