Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Romans 9:20-21 “But who indeed are you, a human being, to argue with God?  Will what is molded say to the one who molds it, ‘Why have you made me like this?’  Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one object for special use and another for ordinary use?”


How many times have I come to the foot of the throne with this very question in my soul?  I understand that God uses all kinds of people and circumstances to bring His glory to light in this world but there are times I still struggle with this question.  Why have I been made like this?
I look back on my life and see that the experiences I have been through have made me who I am.  If I had not gone on the path I had would I have learned compassion some other way or would I be someone without compassion?  If I had not stumbled so many times would I still be willing to bend and help someone else who has stumbled?
I look at my children and wonder where their paths will lead them?  What will their struggles teach them and how with they be blessed by them? 
God molds us perfectly for His purpose, not perfectly for what we think our purpose is.  It is paramount that we begin to embrace what God has made us for so that we can begin to see more clearly why we are made like this.  When we look through His love and light, we truly can see more clearly.
Let us each seek to find the purpose we have been made for and then learn to embrace it as a gift from God.


Lord,
When I question let it not be in disdain but to learn and understand. Help me embrace all you have created in me and expel what you have not created in me so that I am truly what you designed me to be.  Remind us that we are not broken in your eyes, even if the eyes of the world see us that way.  You have made us whole; use us completely for the purpose of your kingdom.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment