Friday, January 10, 2014

John 6:67-69 “So Jesus asked the twelve, ‘Do you also wish to go away?’ Simon Peter answered him ‘Lord, to whom can we go?  You have the words of eternal life.  We have come to believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.’”

Sometimes the teachings of Jesus are hard to swallow.
He challenges us to the very depths of our souls.  When things get hard, some turn away.  There are so many options for “worship” out there.  At every corner there are whispers of distraction pulling and tugging at us.
Living as Jesus taught and being accountable to the Holy One is not easy, Jesus knew this and spoke about it in several of his parables.  He also promised on many occasions that he would not leave us, he would be with us.  He encourages us to abide in him and he will abide in us.  His Spirit is in-dwelling and I find no greater hope and joy than that.
No matter where I am, no matter what I have done, no matter how I feel, I know that God is with me.  I do not wish to go away; I have received all I need from the Holy One of God.

Lord,
Thank you for all your teachings and blessings.  Transform my day and my soul with your word and teaching.  Let me be a source of living water to others so I may draw others close to you glorifying you in every way.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment