Friday, March 21, 2014

Romans 8:26-27 “Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words.  And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.”

I am not a lady of many words.  I do not talk unless I have something to say and I do not always have something to say.  There are times I wish I had something to say, words of comfort or encouragement; words of wisdom.
When I come to the Lord and manage to shut down the chatter and distractions in my head, the quietness is a blessing.  There are times, however, that I manage to sit in stillness and the quiet is deafening.  I do not know how to pray.  A name or person will come to my heart in prayer but I do not know their needs.  My own heart aches in its very depths and I cannot speak for it.
I cling to these words of Romans when I am speechless at the throne of God.  The Lord God knows all things and I trust that he will move according to his plan.  The Spirit prays for me and the ache in my heart is eased.
Even if I do not know what to say or I do not feel the draw to come to the Lord, I come.  I am blessed, each time, through the Spirit of God.  Let each of us allow the blessing of the Spirit’s prayers to wash over us, and through us, renewing us today.

Lord,
Thank you for your words of encouragement and comfort.  Thank you for standing in the gap when I am unable to lift words to you.  Thank you that I do not need words, I only need you.  Quiet the chaos and distractions in our hearts again so we can hear you, feel you and be blessed by you.  In turn help us be a blessing to you and your kingdom.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment