Friday, March 7, 2014

1 Timothy 3:16 “Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great: He was revealed in flesh, vindicated in spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory.”

Do you ever wonder how you got where you are?  Do you wonder where you are going from here?
I look back at my life so far and there is no logical explanation to my path or my journey.  Why do some people choose this path of religion and some do not?  Doesn't the mystery call to everyone?
Mysteries that cannot be solved are hard for people.  There are shows on TV that are about unsolved mysteries, detectives in police departments across the country and around the world work to solve mysteries every day.  We like closure and completion, we struggle with the unknown.
The mystery of God through Christ is beyond my comprehension.  When I start thinking about it with my head it confounds me, I get frustrated.  When I set aside my thinking and begin searching with my heart and soul, I find peace and assurance.
The mystery of God will not be solved in my lifetime or in the time of earth as we know it.  I am left with this and I share it with you:  We are loved by the one true God, creator and redeemer of all.  We are called to share this love with each other.  This is my religion.

Lord,
Do not let me be deceived, keep me clearly focused on your truth, your love, and your light.  Keep me from deceiving others and allow me to be a reflection of your love in this world.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment