Tuesday, March 18, 2014

a re-post from long ago during this season of Lent:

Hebrews 4:16 “Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

The verses before this talk about Jesus being tempted; he does sympathize with us in our weakness.
I picture myself in front of the throne.  When I come to confess my sin I come in humility, with sorrow in my heart. When I see myself I am on my knees with my face down, tears streaming down my cheeks unable to face the King of kings, knowing I failed once again.
In my brokenness, in my humility, in my remorse, I do have the confidence to come without hesitation, without delay.  I know beyond a shadow of doubt that when I come, he gives me mercy and grace in abundance that I cannot fathom. He bathes me in his love and forgiveness until I shine like the sun.
I am often left speechless in these times and this morning as I picture this scene, I have no words to describe how I feel in God's amazing grace.

Lord,
You overwhelm my senses.  No matter how I try to embrace and accept without question all that you give me, I am consistently astounded.  Thank you seems so small a gesture to give back so I give you my life in return for all you give me.  I am yours; use me as you will.  Help me to remember that you are always there, at the throne of grace to accept me, to heal me, to cleanse me and help me start anew.  Wow.  You are amazing...   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment