Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Matthew 25:40 “And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’”

I get so wrapped up in my world that I lose sight of the world around me.
I was awake very early this morning and trying to go back to sleep but worries were keeping me awake.  I was thinking about all the things I need to accomplish on top of my normal daily duties.  I was worrying about upcoming medical tests for my daughter and how those fill her with overwhelming anxiety.  I was thinking about...
The list could go on and on.  When I am thinking about my world I am not thinking of the world around me.  When I am not thinking of the world around me I am not able to serve the world around me either.  This passage in Matthew reminds me there are bigger needs in the world than mine and my family’s.  I need to step out of myself and open my eyes to see the needs of others again.
As we walk this journey of Lent, let us each take a few moments to search our hearts deeply.  Look for the place God has created in us to serve others.  As I begin a new day, I begin with new vision, sight from the Lord to see the world around me and a renewed call to serve the least of these.

Lord,
Forgive my shortsightedness for creeping back in and drawing my attention away from you and your light.  Help me release the small worries of my world to you so that I am able to embrace the people of your world and serve the people you bring to me to serve.    Let me be your light in word and deed today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment