Thursday, March 13, 2014

Matthew 7:12 “In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets.”

This mantra is one we are working on in my home.
So often I see my kids trying to take advantage of one another and invariably one ends up with hurt feelings.  It pains me to see this deeply human behavior in my kids but I know it is in me and each of us too; we are all human.
Jesus calls us to treat others as we want to be treated.  Do I want to be left hungry with little or no good food to eat?  Do I want to be left a bridge to live under as my home?  Do I want to be judged and cursed because I look different or think differently that someone else?
Jesus took this command to the deepest level in his life.  He came to us, becoming like us and striving to bring us to him.  Ultimately he gave his life for us so that we might have life abundantly.  Do I embrace life in abundance?  Do I share the abundance I have received with others?
I feel a nudge from the Spirit that I could do more to follow this command.  I need to search my heart with the light of the Lord so all things are released to him.  I need to seek cleansing and new freedom in my redeemer so that I am able to serve others with a wholehearted love.  I come closer to the cross step by step to receive what he has for me, so I can share what I have with others.

Lord,
As I walk this journey of life help me continue to release self and embrace others.  Help me live in love and grace, spreading these gifts instead of condemnation and rejection.  Through your love I have been saved, guide me to share your love so that others may be saved through it as well.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment