Thursday, March 27, 2014

Psalm 103: 8-9 “The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.  He will not always accuse, nor will he keep is anger forever.”

My children love to push each other’s buttons.
I am not sure they are even aware that they do it anymore; it may be innate at this point.  They needle and prod and cajole each other until somebody loses their temper and either lashes out or breaks down into tears.  I do not understand it but I am certain my sisters and I did it to some degree growing up as well.
We all like to know where the boundary is; we like to know our limits.  My children are still learning the boundaries and limits of my husband and myself.  They push and test those boundaries often as well.
As I read this Psalm, I was filled with gratitude for the love and grace of God.  I looked at my life and how I still push and test the boundaries with God every now and then.  I continue to needle and prod and cajole until somebody loses their temper.  Even when I have angered the Lord, his love is still overwhelming.  Even in the midst of his rebuke his forgiveness is there overflowing like a rushing stream into a dry river bed.  So often he does not accuse, he does not get angry, and he remains true in his grace.
I am blessed by the Lord’s mercy and grace.  Today I lift my voice in praise of this loving and gracious God.

Lord,
Thank you for your everlasting love, grace, and mercy.  Thank you for your patience and kindness regardless of our sins.  You correct, guide and redeem us in love.  We are blessed by your grace and mercy; we are redeemed through your steadfast love.  Thank you for Jesus.  Thank you for loving us always.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment