Sunday, March 23, 2014

Matthew 6:34 “So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own.  Today’s trouble is enough for today.”

Worry must be human nature or at the very least, a common weakness of humans.
There seems to be a fine line between concern worry.  When I go to bible study and we share prayer requests, most of the time I hear concerns.  Once in a while I can sense worry under-girding the request as well.  I know I am prone to worry myself.  I used to be teased about creating something to worry about if I didn't have something to worry over already.
I was paraphrasing this verse just the other day to my daughter and then this morning it popped off of the page at me.  Is worry creeping into my soul again?
Something I gain from this message today is that we need to live in the moment.  We need to be where we are right now; not where we were before and not where we are headed.  I know I struggle with this a lot.  I am slowly learning to face forward and stop looking back so much but I jump ahead regularly.
Today I take a deep breath, read this verse one more time and open my hands and heart to release the worries of tomorrow and the pain of yesterday.  I hold these words in my heart and live for the Lord today.

Lord,
This passage reminds us all to trust in you and not to worry.  You provide all our needs and you give us our deepest, truest desires.  Why do we lose sight of that so easily?  Forgive us our worrying hearts and lead us forward into your loving arms once more so that we can live in you and live for today.  I pray that all we say and do today will honor you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment