Thursday, March 20, 2014

Psalm 57:1 “Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, until the destroying storms pass by.”

Springtime in the Rockies has just arrived and the summer thunderstorms are not far behind.
When I was growing up, it seemed to me, we would get a thunderstorm almost every day in the summer.  The sky would get dark with black clouds, wind would begin blowing and then the lightning and thunder would start.  Sometimes we would get rain, but not always.
We still get our fair share of thunderstorms.  My kids do not like the lightning and thunder and they run to take cover when it starts.  We listen to the storm from inside our home and if the severe weather sirens start, we head to the basement to weather the storm there.
The storms rarely last very long and before we know it the sun is peeking out again and occasionally we are blessed with a glorious rainbow at the end of the storm.
Whether your soul is in the midst of a storm, or enjoying a nice sunny day, God is there.  He guides you when things are going beautifully and he will protect you when the going gets rough.  Run for cover when the storm gets too much and trust in the Lord that when all is said and done, the rainbow will shine.

Lord,
Just as I can comfort the fears of my children, you comfort my fears.  Just as I wrap my arms around my children to keep them safe, you wrap your arms around me to keep me safe too.  Thank you for your protection and love.  Thank you for your guidance and mercy.  Help me take courage in your protection and step out in faith, keeping a lookout for the rainbows.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment