Sunday, March 2, 2014

Psalm 15:1-2 “O Lord, who may abide in your tent?  Who may dwell on your holy hill?  Those who walk blamelessly, and do what is right, and speak the truth from their heart;”

Spring is just around the corner.
The seasons continue around and winter is quickly coming to an end conceding its turn in the world to spring.  Yesterday was a day of hunkering down for a bitter cold day but I know as I look at the calendar that it will not be long before we gaze at early spring flower buds and the grass awakens from its winter hibernation.
We also quickly come to a time of reflection and repentance on the church calendar.  Lent is just around the corner and tradition holds that we take those 40 days to reflect on ourselves and repent of things we need to change.  It is through these times of reflection and repentance that we come to be upright and blameless in the sight of the Lord.
Every day is an opportunity to abide in the tent of the Lord; to dwell on his holy hill.  We must come blameless and righteous, speaking truth from our hearts.  The only way we fallible humans can manage this is through the cleansing blood of our Savior, Jesus.  Join me in the cleansing search with Christ.  Let us come to the holy hill and praise the Lord for his salvation today...

Lord,
I lift my hands and my heart in praise and adoration you to today.  Search me, cleanse me, and make me new in your eyes through your grace and redeeming love.  I only want to speak truth from my heart; I want to be blameless in your sight.  I want to abide with you, always.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment