Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ephesians 4:4-5 “There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all.”

Does all really mean all?
When I think of a body, mine in particular, are there parts of my body that are unhappy about each other?  My eyes see other parts of my body and the condemnation begins.  I won’t go into details but there is always room for improvement and my eyes are the window for the brain to judge through.  My body works together as one unit but each part has its purpose.
What if we could look at the people in God’s creation in this light?  We are all of God, created by his hand and for his purpose.  Another part of the body may not be working the way we think it should but are we the ones who created it?  Are we the one who designed that part for a specific purpose?  Who are we to know what purpose and call that part has from the God and Father of all?
When Paul wrote this letter did he mean to only include Christians in the body?  Did he exclude the people who did not follow the gospel truth?  If parts of the body do not work as they were designed do we cut them off or seek healing and restoration for them?  Just a thought...

Lord,
Remove the blinders from my eyes so I am able to see clearly, as you designed me to see.  Let me see other through your one Spirit and seek a bond of peace with all.  We are all yours; you are above us, through us and in us.  Help us see you in each other beyond anything else we see.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment