Friday, March 14, 2014

Isaiah 46:9-10 “...I am God, and there is no one like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying ‘My purpose shall stand, and I will fulfill my intention,’”

There is nothing we can do or refuse to do that will change the end of the story.  Does this bring comfort and relief to you as it does to me?
I think about the story of Jonah in context of these verses and it confirms that God does not quit.  He could have moved on without Jonah and found a different way to get his word to the city of Nineveh but he went to great lengths to save Jonah and use him to fulfill his intention.
In the story of Moses, God could have tossed Moses aside when he balked at going to speak to Pharaoh and used Aaron or some other well-spoken Israelite but God’s intention and purpose will not be thwarted.
He called Jesus, his son, to rise up and be the ultimate sacrifice for all people so that there would be no more barriers between the Holy of holies and his people.  God knew his purpose would stand and his intention would be fulfilled in Christ.
What is he asking of you; what is he asking of me?  Do we balk at his requests?  He does not ask us with intention of failure; he gives us what we need to serve his purpose.  Trust and obey knowing he is God of gods.

Lord,
Please forgive my lack of trust and faith.  I balk because I am incapable or it seems too hard for me to serve as you ask me to.  Give me courage to trust fully in you.  Instill in me a deep peace and an understanding that you are with me and your purpose and intention will be fulfilled.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment