Thursday, March 6, 2014

Deuteronomy 7:6 “For you are a people holy to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on earth to be his people, his treasured possession.”

What is your most treasured possession?
Is it something you had longed for and after striving for it you finally hold it in your hands?  Is it a family heirloom, something that has been passed down from generation to generation and could never be replaced?  Is it not a thing but perhaps a person; not something you hold dearest but someone?
This verse was given to the Israelites as they prepared to enter the Promised Land.  As I sit and bask in these words I try to imagine what that would feel like to hear these words from the mouth of Moses, knowing it came straight from the God of gods.  As I sit and bask in these words I remember that because of Christ, you and I can claim these words as well.
Can you picture God holding his most treasured possessions in his hands?  Just as we would be with ours he is tender and careful with his treasures, he does not want to damage or break them, for we are irreplaceable.    He caresses and gazes on and adores each of us, we are his treasures. 
Go into this day knowing this:  You are holy to the Lord your God; the Lord has chosen you to be his treasured possession.  Allow this statement to seep into your deepest soul and feel his gentle embrace of love as you go through your day.

Lord,
I am humbled and honored to be a treasure to you.  I come on bended knee to be cleansed and received, to be made holy in your sight once more.  Remind me that I am a holy treasure to you; remind me that every person you created is a holy treasure to you.  Guide me to treat others as preciously as you do.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment