Monday, June 10, 2013

Psalm 8:3-4 “When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars that you have established; what are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them?

I just got back from an annual trek to star gaze with my Dad and my kids.  Each year we meet up with a group of amateur astronomers in the mountains where there are dark skies, away from city lights.  In the middle of Colorado wilderness we could not miss the work of God’s fingers on this small planet.  My four year old son asked “what is over there?” I responded “trees, dirt, animals.”  He asked “what is passed that?”  My response was “more trees, dirt and animals.”  We saw the splendor of his creation here on the many walks we took around the area where we camped.  We saw the splendor of his work when we gazed through the many telescopes that were there to see galaxies, nebulae, planets and stars that are never ending.  When I see these things I am humbled.  This awesome most powerful creator of the heavens and earth loves each and every human being he has created.  He loves and cares about you and me.  He wants our love back.  Wow!  Our God is an awesome God!

Lord,
Thank you for the creation of the telescope and the ability to see things beyond our small world.  The splendor of the heavens reminds me of your awesome power and the tender flower in the field reminds me of your gentle care for each of us.  Thank you for these reminders Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment