Wednesday, June 26, 2013

2 Corinthians 5:1 “For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.”

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  In this country, people strive to stay “beautiful” all of their lives.  There are wrinkle creams, hair dye and tanning lotions... the list goes on and on.  About a year and a half ago, on a whim, I colored my hair.  I suspected, and I was right, that I would be stuck coloring my hair until I was willing to pay a lot of money to someone else to get me out of this mess.  We strive to be beautiful on the outside, decorating our earthy tent.  The list of names in my prayer journal grows and grows.  There are some that become praise for healing but it is never ending prayers for people battling something internally.  This “internal” battle of our bodies is still the earthy tent.  On the day that I pass from this earth into heaven I know without a doubt that I will be blown away by the beauty of our heavenly bodies.  I simply need to look at the beauty of his creation here for a small glimpse of it.

Lord,

You created us in your image.  Help us see beyond the skin deep into our souls.  We are eternal souls designed to reside with you; these earthy shells left behind.  Help us love each other so one day we can all rejoice in the beauty of heaven.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment