Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Psalm 27:11 “Teach me your way, O lord, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies.”

It has been quite an experience to see all this construction out my front window.  Yesterday there were even more trucks and workers, there was more noise and restoration work.  I found a note on my door that today they begin work on the asphalt.  I already have to walk my kids across the street just to be safe and now I wonder how much trouble it will be to get anywhere in my neighborhood while they tear up the street.  When we go get the mail around the corner, will I have to step around even more wet concrete, avoid the flying debris of torn up asphalt?  Will I be able to get my car out to run the errands I need and to pack for camping?  Worry and anxiety are two of my biggest enemies.  They have left me alone for quite some time but they are back again.  As I look out my window and watch the path and road being torn up and then restored I will hold hope in that vision.  I know the Lord makes my path level and he holds my hand through the rubble I encounter.  He will not let me be run over with anxiety or worry but will lead me in love and peace.  That is His way.

Lord,

Thank you for this message today.  Post in on my forehead and on my arm; write in on my heart and soul so I can feel it at every moment.  Thank you for the rest and restoration we all received during the night.  Hold our hands and keep us all on level ground today.  Praise to you, O God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment