Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hebrews 3:6 “Christ, however, was faithful over God’s house as a son, and we are his house if we hold firm the confidence and the pride that belong to hope.”

The reference to us being his house caused a little research on my part today.  I know the common belief that his spirit lives in us and we are his temple but this verse felt different.  The verse made me think of nobility and I know very little about that.  Most little girls like to dress up and play princess and mine is no exception.  She often tells me she is a princess, my son is the prince, I am the queen and my husband is the king.  I tease her and remind her that the princess is not in charge so she needs to remember to listen and obey the queen.  A short time ago, Prince William of England married Kate bringing her into the house of Windsor.  I think about her being molded and formed into royalty as it is expected.  We too have been brought into a house of royalty.  We are being molded and formed into royalty as it should truly be.  We are his house because he is our ruler; we are his heirs and subjects.  Go into your day feeling blessed to be a part of the house of Christ.  Live as heirs of his kingdom and we will serve him well.

Lord,

Thank you for making us a part of your royal kingdom.  We are blessed to be in the house of Christ and I pray that we will live bringing honor and glory to your holy kingdom, the one true kingdom that reigns forever.  You are my king; I bow to you and you alone.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment