Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hebrews 16:7 “Endure trials for the sake of discipline.  God is treating you as children; for what child is there whom a parent does not discipline?”

We have all seen them; the children who we think lack discipline.  They run rampant over whatever is in their path.  I have seen kids talk back to their parents, and kids that totally disregard any warning their parents give.  Sometimes I think these are my kids although I have been reassured many times by my friends that my children are very good.  I think we all have a child within us that occasionally runs rampant and disregards the voice of warning we receive.  Just as my young daughter does, I think I know better than that parental voice that tries to guide me in discipline.  I get so frustrated with my kids when they choose to disobey.  It is beyond my understanding that they think they know more than I do.  As I turn the mirror around I realize they do not think they know more than I do, they simply choose to learn by experiencing the trial rather than listening to the voice of reason.  I see this clearly, because I do it too.

Lord,
Forgive my deaf ears and hard heart.  Open my eyes to see myself more clearly in my children so they may teach me to be a better child and through you I may teach them to be better children.  Thank you for trials and discipline.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment