Monday, June 17, 2013

James 5:7 “Be patient, therefore, beloved, until the coming of the Lord.  The farmer waits for the precious crop from the earth being patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains.”

It is so neat to watch the plants in my garden grow from seed to fruit in a season.  We have strawberry plants that came back this spring in spite of the birds and other creatures trying to destroy them last year.  The beans have sprouted and will soon begin to wrap themselves around whatever they can reach.  I have an empty spot in the garden though.  It looks like nothing is planted there but I know I must wait and be patient.  Carrots take a long time to germinate and I know from last year that if I water and wait, they will grow.  Just as I cannot expect to plant seeds and have a mature plant and fruit the next day, so it is with my soul.  Each day I receive the nutrition I need from the Lord and I grow a little more.  I am not the only plant in the garden.  He waits for his precious crop to mature and the harvest will be soon enough.  He is patient with each of us, so I must be patient with myself and others.  Today I will thank Him for the growth he has provided and the growth yet to come.

Lord,
Your words seep into my heart like the gentle rain seeps into the roots of a little seedling.  Help this food nourish our souls so we continue to grow in you.  Thank you for nurturing us.   May the fruit I produce glorify and praise you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment