Saturday, June 22, 2013

Exodus 14:13 “But Moses said to the people, ‘Do not be afraid, stand firm, and see the deliverance that the Lord will accomplish for you today...”

The Israelites were being chased by Pharaoh’s army and quickly coming to the Red Sea with no place to go.  All through their journey to the Promised Land they complained to Moses about being released into the unknown.  Many times they wished they could just go back to Egypt.  It seems kind of crazy to think that someone released and free would wish to go back into slavery or captivity but they did; and often so do I.  There times that I pray to the Lord in fear of the unknown.  I feel him drawing me away from captivity into a new freedom; out of my comfort zone.  There is a part of each of us that prefers to stay where we are.  A part of us does not want to stretch beyond where we are into the great unknown.  The Israelites were taking a big risk trusting Moses to lead them out of Egypt and into the desert; that was a big step of faith in him and in their Lord.  He calls us to step out in faith today.  We are freed from slavery and we need to trust in him to lead us forward on the journey of faith.  It feels like a big risk, but we can trust him to deliver us.

Lord,
Help me remember the Israelites when I begin to dig my heels in.  Give me courage to trust in you with all my heart, soul and might, knowing you will deliver me from captivity into freedom.  Thank you for your faithfulness.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment