Saturday, June 29, 2013

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 “May the God of peace himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do this.”

Yesterday there was a pushing match between my four year old and a neighbor’s daughter.  My son pushed and then when the seven year old pushed back the mom got very angry at her.  She explained that it was not okay for anyone to push but a bigger kid should not push a little kid no matter what.  There were tears and time out and apologies given and by evening time all was forgiven.  How often do I lose control like my four year old or the neighborhood seven year old?  When do I know better and I lash out anyway?  When I came to this passage I read these verses several times to allow them to soak into my soul.  They reminded me that I need to come to the Lord over and over to be cleansed and sanctified.  I am only free from sin through his sacrifice for me.  It is His faithfulness that redeems me.  Let us all go out rejoicing in the faithfulness of our Lord and renewed in our sanctification.  Rejoice in the Lord always!

Lord,
Thank you for your faithfulness and your forgiveness.  Help us forgive ourselves and each other so we can truly lift our hearts and voices in praise to you, our Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment