Monday, January 21, 2013


Psalm 37:31 “The law of their God is in their hearts; their steps do not slip.”

My seven year old daughter recently started attending a Christian kids club once a week.  I put her in this program as part of school and to give her another social outlet.  Each week they start the program time with pledges.  Along with the pledge of allegiance to the American flag, they pledge allegiance to the Bible, God’s word.  They promise to hide the Word in their hearts that they might not sin against God.  They first time I heard this I almost choked.  Are they really teaching kids that living a sinless life is possible?  I know I jumped to conclusions on that one but I had to stop and consider it carefully.  I have talked with my daughter about human nature and sin to the degree I believe she needs to hear and understand it.  I also know that as I study and learn more scripture, it changes my heart and my life.  I hope the law of God will be written deeply in the hearts of my children as well as my spouse and me.  The deeper that law of Love is embedded the easier it is to get back on track.  Tuck a new verse into your pocket or purse.  Tuck a new verse into the depths of your heart.

Lord,

The words you place in my heart are truly precious to me.  They guide my words and my deeds much of the time.  Forgive me when I forget them or ignore them, falling out of step.  Thank you for your Spirit who guides me back.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment