Sunday, January 20, 2013


Genesis 45:5 “And now do not be distressed, or angry with yourselves, because you sold me here; for God sent me before you to preserve life.”

Do you remember the story of Joseph and the beautiful coat that his father gave him?  Joseph had dreams that he proudly shared with his older brothers because those dreams told how he would be more powerful than they were.   God really did have big plans for Joseph.  First, God needed to give Joseph a heart of humility and servitude.  It took years from the time the brothers sold him into slavery (instead of killing him outright) until he was finally placed in the position of power that he held in this passage.  It took years for him to gain the perspective that maybe there was more to his story than being the favorite son and being hated by his brothers.  What plans does God have for you and me?  What wandering journey are we on to shed unwanted characteristics we have and step into our role to further His kingdom?  As I look back on my life so far, I can clearly see the hand of God guiding and correcting me.  I can see His grace and mercy protecting me.  Look back and see for yourself. God has plans for you too.

Lord,
Forgive my grumbling.  How often do I lose sight of your hand?  Help me remember the different experiences in my life are molding me into the person you created me to be.  You are amazing God, truly amazing.  I pray we all bring honor and glory to you this day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment