Tuesday, January 8, 2013


Psalm 103:1 “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name.”

He has done great things so I bless his holy name.  I lift my voice in prayer and praise.  I fold my hands and bend my knee in worship and adoration of his greatness.   There is healing in the midst of sickness, restoration in the midst of brokenness, love in the midst of hate and light in the midst of darkness.  Where ever I look I can see struggles, hardship or evil lurking.  Where ever I look I also see strength, endurance and goodness overcoming it all.  We recently lay to rest one of our elder church members.  It is always so hard to say good bye to someone we know and love and tears of sadness freely flow as we grieve.  This week will mark the four year anniversary of my Mom passing away and the shadow of sadness is there.  Even in those sorrows and sadness I see blessing and love from God.  He brings compassion and mercy to us through his Spirit and through others.  He gives us his word to guide and to comfort us.  I could write for days about how much he has blessed me.  Can I do the same for how I have blessed Him?  I want to bless his holy name with all that is within me.

Lord,
I lift you up this morning.  Help me serve and bless you today.  Use my hands, my words, and every part of me to bless you and serve your kingdom.  Thank you for all the many blessings you give each of us every moment, every day.  Help us live in gratitude and thanksgiving.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment