Wednesday, January 2, 2013


Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”

It is about all I can do to try and watch the news anymore right now.  The leadership of our country seems unable to move forward with anything.  There are battles about taxes and money and there are battles about gun control.  These issues are only a scratch on the surface of things they talk about but do very little about.  It is kind of like watching little kids bickering about who is smarter, bigger or stronger.  When I watch kids arguing about these kinds of things I can only shake my head and the lack of insight they seem to have.  Can’t they see that they are all created in their own unique way with strengths and struggles, each one of them?  As I gaze upon that picture in my mind, I can clearly see God doing the same thing to me.  Why do I compare myself to anyone else?  Why do I forget that I have been created in my own unique way with strengths and struggles to serve a purpose in His kingdom?  As I step into a new phase of growth and healing this year, I need to remember to trust in the Lord with all my heart, not in my (lack of) understanding.  Keep focused on Him through every step and His guidance and mercy will be clear to me.

Lord,
Keep me close to you, I need you every step.  Guide each of us clearly in the path you have chosen and help our hearts give you the glory for everything good.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment