Saturday, January 19, 2013


Acts 4:32 “Now the whole group of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one claimed private ownership of any possessions, but everything they owned was held in common.”

Sharing is a hard lesson to learn.  From the time we are small we struggle with the idea of sharing our things with others.  You can just sit in any home or preschool to watch the battle ensue.  “That is mine” or “I had it first” are daily reminders that we do not like to share.  Sometimes even as adults we are living as though we are still children.  We may not say those same things out loud but we shout them in our minds.  I am not feeling the call to sell all of my possessions and take my family to live in a commune.  I am saying this:  if, as Christians, we are of one heart and soul, how can we not share with one another?  Just as when we were children we had to learn, step by step, how to share, as adults we may need to remember step by step how to share.  I encourage you to take one step further than you have in the past to share with others.  Share by offering money or food.  Share by offering time or talents.  Share by offering prayer for one another.  As our hearts move closer to being one in the Christ, let us share.

Lord,
Help these words move from my computer screen into my heart and soul.  You are the tie that binds and yet we often see each other as so different and separate.  Open our hearts and our hands to give and receive in blessing.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment