Thursday, January 3, 2013


Galatians 4:4-5 “...God sent his son, born of a woman, born under the law, in order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as children.”

I know a few adopted people.  Two families I know have adopted kids and countless others I knew growing up.  The thing is that maybe there were more but I never knew it.  Parents of adopted kids do not treat those kids any different than they treat blood related kids.  When someone decides to adopt a child, they open their hearts and bring that child in as their own flesh and blood.  I remember one of my friends growing up telling me they were even more special because they had been chosen and not just given.  God has chosen each of us as his adopted child.  He opened his heart and has brought each one of us in to his arms as his own flesh and blood.  It amazes me to think about that.  He sent Jesus to erase the barrier between all of us and Him.  Now, because that was done, we can run into the arms of our Father anytime.  We can come in joy, in sorrow, in anger, in frustration; anytime.   Let’s go out into this day with love in our hearts because we are special.  We have not only been created by God, but we are chosen, adopted children of the Almighty.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Lord,
As we prepare for the day, infuse us with your love.  Whisper in our ears and our hearts to remind us that we are your children; chosen and special.  Guide our steps in obedience and in celebration of your love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment