Thursday, January 24, 2013


1 John 4:10-11 “In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins.  Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another.”

This sounds so easy on the surface, doesn’t it?  We have received love beyond our comprehension from the Divine and He calls us to share that love with others.  The spirits in this world that John writes about just before this passage whisper lies to us.  They do not want us to feel loved or to love others.  I have heard and have known for almost all my life that God loves me.  He has given more than I could ever begin to give back in love.  With these verses fresh on my heart, how can I deign to ask Him for anything?  How do I have the audacity to whine or complain or petition for anything?  He has already given everything; He gave it all in Love.  As I go forth into this day I am humbled once more.  I have been at the foot of His throne and made clean once again.  As we all go into this day, let us encourage each other, lift one another up and let us love one another.  Listen to the Spirit of Truth and live in the Love of God.

Lord,
Thank you for your unending grace and mercy.  Thank you for your unending love for me and all of your children.  Protect us from the spirits that lie, and open our ears only to your Spirit of Truth so that we live in your Love and are able to share it with all people.   It is only because of you that I live and breathe.  Thank you for this day to love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment