Monday, January 7, 2013


Mark 4:39-40 “He woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, ‘Peace! Be still!’  Then the wind ceased and there was a dead calm.  He said to them, ‘Why are you afraid?  Have you still no faith?’”

I was looking back in my prayer journal over the last few days and seeing the blessings of prayers answered.  There has been healing from sickness and change of heart to reconciliation.  There have been other prayers answered in ways I could not have imagined.  There are times in each of our lives where we feel like we are on the boat in this passage.  The storm is raging and the boat is quickly filling up to the point of sinking.  Fear takes hold of us and we cry out to our Lord for rescue.  We feel like He left us in this storm without realizing our plight.  We call out to “wake” the Lord and make him aware of what we are going through, as if He did not already know.  I can just see my Lord calming the storms I have ridden through.  He comes and in his infinite mercy, he stills the winds and calms the waves.  He looks at me in love and says something similar to what he said to the disciples then.  “Why are you afraid?  Have you still no faith?”  After all he has brought me through, everything he has protected and guided me away from, how can I doubt?

Lord,
You continue to amaze me to the depths of my soul.  In mercy, forgive my doubt and unbelief.  In grace, take my hand and lead me once more through sunny days and stormy nights.  I walk in trust, with you by my side.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment