Tuesday, November 6, 2012


Psalm 47:2 “For the Lord, the Most High, is awesome, a great king over all the earth.”

Today is election day; I am guessing I don’t need to tell anyone that.  The television ads and the phone ringing off the hook over the last few weeks would not let us forget for one moment that we need to choose the next leaders of our country.  People have high emotions and deep seeded beliefs when it comes to politics.  I do not participate in political discussions for the most part because I see no value in it.  I do not think I can sway another person to see things the way I do nor will they likely sway me.  In that case it just becomes an argument with no end.  As I was praying about my vote over the last few weeks it became very clear to me that my vote was not as important as it is made out to be.  Don’t get me wrong, I think it is our civic duty and a privilege to vote and I do not squander that.  Whoever sits in the Oval Office at the White House for the next four years is not really in charge though.  The senators and representatives that win their seat in congress do not rule this nation.  There is hope and comfort in this verse.  Our Lord, the Most High is King over all the earth.  Hallelujah and Amen!

Lord,
I lift your name on high this morning.  Thank you for this verse to remind us who is truly in charge.  You are the ruler of our hearts and of all nations.  Your will be done.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment