Tuesday, November 13, 2012


2 Timothy 1:7 “for God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline.”

Do I hide behind the mask of shyness?  As I was thinking about this verse and reviewing my days in search of cowardice I wondered how much I am shy and how much I am a coward.  I know I am an introvert so there is some truth in my lack of "outgoingness".  I also know there are times I do not step forward with my thoughts and feelings because I do not want to risk anything.  It is those times I feel I am being a coward.  The Lord guides us when we allow him to.  It is my spirit that is weak and cowardice but He has given us all a spirit beyond that human one.  The Holy Spirit that resides in us when we accept Him is the spirit of power and love and discipline.  This Spirit will guide our own into self-discipline and call us forth to be a person of power and love in the Lord, Jesus Christ.  There have been times when I have stepped out of my comfort zone and spoken my thoughts as I felt I should and the times I did that in love; it has always been a good thing.  Whether you are a very forthcoming person or a bit shy like me, let us all allow the spirit of power, love and self-discipline to guide our words and deeds so we may glorify God in all we do.

Lord,
Forgive my cowardice and my lack of trust.  When you nudge me, help me recognize it and listen to you.  Open my heart to allow your spirit to guide mine.  I want to live the life you call me to; I want to walk the path you have for me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment