Thursday, November 8, 2012


Deuteronomy 6:7-8 “Recite them to your children and talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise.  Bind them as a sign on your hand, fix them as an emblem on your forehead”

What are the things that we pound into our heads and the heads of our kids over and over again?  There are so many important things that we try to instill in them as our parents did in us.  For example:  Don’t talk to strangers, look both ways before crossing the street and eat your vegetables are all things I was taught as a child that would keep me safe and healthy.  What if I had been given scriptures over and over again to keep me safe and healthy?  I went to church as a child and learned songs and bible verses growing up.  Either I never heard it or it was not explained to me the value and the importance of keeping these things written in my heart.  What would our nation be like today if we all loved our neighbor as we love ourselves?  As I teach my daughter math, reading, writing and science, I hope I teach that these things are important.  I hope I teach that loving God and loves others as He loves us are most important.

Lord,
As you guide us let us guide our children.  As parent, aunt and uncle, friend and neighbor have an awesome opportunity to share the love we have for you with them.  Let the words bound in our hearts speak our love for you so we may be a living example to the children and others, drawing them all to your Divine Love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment