Wednesday, November 21, 2012


Psalm 25:2 “O my God, in you I trust; do not let me be put to shame; do not let my enemies exult over me.”

As I look at my life it is hard to imagine a tangible enemy.  There are bad guys and bad things happen but there is no one hanging over my head waiting to take my freedom or my life simply because I exist.  I cannot imagine the feelings that some people around the world have, fleeing from their homes, taking only what they can carry on their backs.  Other people suffer taunting and abuse from captors as they are imprisoned either physically or mentally.  We all have our enemies, some more “real” than others.  Selfishness, fear, worry, hatred, hopelessness; these are a few of the less tangible enemies that I struggle and I know I am not alone in this.  When I keep my trust in God and allow Him to guide my heart these things have no control over me.  They seem to fade away and I am left with only the deep and true love of God filling my heart.   I trust in Him and He will keep me from shame.  He will guide my steps in righteousness and my enemies will not exult, Praise God!

Lord,
You protect us like a mother hen, wrapping your wings around us to keep us warm and safe.  When we step out into the world you are still there.  Help us trust in you at all times and in all things so that we glorify you and do not shame ourselves.  When we walk with you our enemies are powerless; you are all powerful!  Hallelujah and Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment