Monday, November 12, 2012


Psalm 138:1 “I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing your praise”

It is a great start to the day when I wake up singing praises in my heart.  I woke up singing and went downstairs in my warm home to start a fresh pot of coffee.  As I sipped my coffee and read scripture at my kitchen table I became very aware of the many blessings I have been given.  Just these material possessions are so abundant.  My children do not know what it means to truly want and not receive.  I don’t mean they get everything they ask for, but they do not lack for anything.  How many people in this city wonder where they will find food or money for their next meal?  There is a movement in this city, in this country to help those in need.   There are food banks and shelters; there is monetary assistance for those who cannot make ends meet.  There are clothes drives and coat drives as the weather begins to get colder.  All these things and more are the work of God caring for his beloved.  Let’s join in the movement to care for our brothers and sisters and while we work to share the love of God, let’s sing songs of praise and thanksgiving for we are truly blessed by Him!

Lord,
You bless us beyond “things” and we cannot begin to see it all.  Open our eyes to the true blessings you have bestowed on us and hear our songs of thanksgiving.  Give us hearts of generosity so all may be blessed as we are.  I sing praises to you with my whole heart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment